Saturday, March 17, 2012

Two Week Vacation!

Hey everyone! First, sorry for not posting in a while, but really nothing blog-worthy has happened until I found out I was going on this two week vacation (I shall explain in a moment) and then I had to spend time packing. So, I had a violin concert in a little place a few hours from our home, and my mom had wanted to take a vacation with just the two of us for a while, so we decided to go a week before the concert and stay a few days after.
We left home at 4:30 this morning (AHHH!), so we had time to go through security and everything at the airport. Our plane took off at 6:55.

My mom took this picture of me waiting in the airport once we landed. Then she went and got our bags and we took a cab to our hotel. It's the first time I've ever stayed in a hotel, believe it or not.

The rooms are so nice, mom and I each have our own beds.

I love the quilt on my bed. We're staying at the hotel near the beautiful botanical gardens. We're going to tour them tomorrow, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I can't wait! 

This is the view from our window. Even though it's still winter and the plants haven't bloomed yet, it's still gorgeous. See that paved circle out there? That's where we're going to walk around after I finish this post. I'll write about it when we get back, but I'd better go now. Bye for now, I'll update later!

No comments:

Post a Comment